Business men are not the easiest people to buy gifts for. They want something functional, yet classy and simple but elegant. So what is a unique corporate gift to give a man?
Jewelry & Clothing Accessories
Whoever said men don't accessorize, has not seen the range of corporate add-ons available for men. Here are a few good ones for a gift:
- Cufflinks: The most popular gift for a corporate man. For a serious, stylish look, go in for chrome, silver or gold squares or circles. They can be monogrammed or customized for a personal touch.
- Money Clips: An elegant way to keep money together. Engravings make them a memorable gift.
- Wallets: A long-lasting, definitive corporate item.
- Watches: Wrist or pocket, a watch is a stylish gift for any corporate occasion. You can even initialize the back.
- Ties: A versatile gift with different styles, shapes and colors.
- Label Pins and Badges: Fix them on a tie or at the edge of the collar, to get a classic business look.
- Belts and Socks: These are small clothing details that complement business attire.
- Valets or Dressers: A quick and convenient way to keep all clothing accessories together.
For the businessman on the move, there are some things that make traveling easy. Good travel gifts are:
- Personalized Travel Alarm Clock: This lightweight compact clock folds into a leather pouch with a snap closure. Price: $20
- Traveler Neck Pillow: Avoid neck pain while traveling with this small, easy to pack pillow. Price: $20
- Deluxe Leather Tie Case: This tie case keeps your ties ironed and crisp, even on the move. It is made of cowhide with a padded leather exterior and straps for 6 ties. Store cufflinks and other small add-ons in a small zippered pouch. Price: $85
- Mini Charging Station: This station charges up to 4 devices at a time and is equipped with a valet tray to hold keys, change and headphones. Price: $25
- The Draper Shoe Shine Kit: Keep shoes shiny and polished wherever you go, with this handy carry-on shoe shining kit. Kit contains buffers, brushes, polish and a shoe-horn in a smart leather bag. Price: $50
- Doxie Go Portable Scanner: Scan documents big and small in full color, anywhere you go, with this portable scanner. You can store up to 600 pages on the scanner or plug in a USB or SD card to increase the storage. The scanner auto syncs data, when plugged in to your PC, MAC, iPhone or iPad. Price: $200
Sports & Games
All men are really boys at heart, so to give your man a break from working, gift him a mini-game set. You'd be surprised how many men actually appreciate a game set, small enough to hide away from the boss, but fun to play. Golf gift sets also make good corporate gifts, especially for men. Some office sport products are:
- Mini Foosball Game Set: Bring the fun of the gaming parlor to your office with this foosball set. It is compact, portable and can be personalized. Price: $30
- Golf on the Go - Miniature Golf Gift Set: For the golfer within, this set includes 2 golf balls, 2 clubs, a sand rake and flag. At approx 4x4 inches measurement, it can be easily put away. Price: $40
- Trademark Magnetic Roll-Up Dart Board: A dartboard on one side and bullseye on the other, with 6 magnetic darts, gives you dart fun with no holes in your wall. Price: $30
- Executive Golf Putter Set: A complete putting set in a small cherry box. Engraving available. Price: $45
- Personalized Poker Set: This travel-friendly poker set is perfect for a quick hand with office folk. Price: $120
- Engravable Nickelplated Yoyo: For the very young at heart. This 2-inch (in diameter) shiny yoyo can be engraved with a 10 letter name. Price: $25
Cigars & Cigarettes
Most businessmen enjoy a good Cuban in the office to unwind, and cigars and cigarettes need their accessories. Some of the best office gifts for men who smoke are:
- Gentleman's Cigar Chest: A complete treasure chest for cigar lovers! Good cigar complementing snacks like salmon and crackers, 5 fine cigars and a Finding America book as well. Price: $75
- Double-sided Silver Cigarette Holder: Double-sided, silver ribbed cigarette case that holds 20 cigarettes. Price: $25
- Personalized Cherry Wood Humidor: Keep your cigars fresh in this classy humidor, that holds 20 cigars and can be engraved. Price: $50
- Gentleman Leisure Pack: The bare necessities for the smoker on the go. This pack has a cigar cutter, travel size flask and cigar holder, all engravable. Price: $90
Food & Drink
The gift ideas under this category are numerous. For a tad expensive but detailed and yummy gift, go in for a gift basket. It can be wine, coffee or assorted treats. Corporates who are drink connoisseurs, will treasure an addition to their barware like flasks or coasters. Some gift suggestions for a corporate foodie are:
- Personalized Business Address Glass Coasters: This 4 piece coaster set multi-tasks as an office promotion tool. Its 4 inch square surface can be engraved with an initial and 4 lines of your choice. Price: $30
- Business Fisherman's Flask: A stylish, steel hip flask with a fish design. Flask holds 8 ounces of liquid and can be engraved with up to 20 characters. Price: $40
- Whiskey Stones: Keep your drinks cool with these unique soapstones, that will cool any liquid without diluting its flavor. The stones should be stored in the freezer for 4 hours before use. 9 stones are included with storage bag. Price: $20
- Blitz Chiller: A covert mini-chiller to store your cans and bottles in the office. This device needs ice, water and electricity to chill liquids in minutes, using a patented rotation cooling process. Price: $40
- Mypressi Twist Portable Espresso Maker: Brew espressos in single and double shots, right at your desk with this small, power-free device. All you need is hot water and ground coffee for this portable device to work. Price: $150
- KeepCup Reusable Cups: Disgusted with lukewarm coffee in a Styrofoam throwaway cup? Keep your beverages hot (or cold) in a green and eco-friendly manner, with this traveling mug. It comes in sizes 8 and 12 oz and is equipped with a lid and silicone band to protect your hand. Price: $12
Office supply gift options are simply endless. Popular office supplies that make unique corporate gifts are:
- Future Success Savings Bank: A mini safe for the office desk. It is silver plated and measures 2.5 by 5 inches. Price: $40
- Engraved Dovetail Notepad: Rich hardwood case, filled with a stack of dovetailed post-its. Pen or pencil holder at side. Price: $55
- Düller & Dietrich Lubs' Notebook: It's ironic that you can never find a pen, when you need to write something down. This compact notebook takes care of that problem with its smart design. It comes with a ballpoint pen that fits handily within the book itself. Price: $60
- Magic 8 Ball Pen: Ask cryptic questions and receive equally cryptic answers with this neat 8 ball pen. Press the top of the pen to get answers to your questions such as "Dude, No Way" or "Ask Again". Price: $7
- Chalkboard Skull: Instead of writing notes or messages on sticky notes or a chalkboard, why not jot them down on a silicone chalkboard skull? It also serves as a decorative piece for the office desk. Price: $42
- HandyShell for iPad 2: A multi-functional case for the iPad 2. Its hard shell hugs the tablet firmly. It has a strong, multi-position handle, so you can hold your iPad 2 in one hand or one finger. The handle can be looped over your hand or can be fixed to serve as a horizontal or vertical stand. Price: $55
- Steven Shaver Designs License Plate Clock: A unique and custom-made clock made of two essential car parts, a gear and a license plate. The license plate makes a bold clock dial while the gear serves as a funky frame. You can select the state for the license or get a clock made out of your own plates. Price: $80
- Get The Hint Mini Sticky Notes: It is difficult to convey tone, urgency or attitude in a small message on a sticky note. But with these in-your-face notes, you can set a tone for your quick notes or messages. Choose between "loud and clear", "gentle reminders" or "breaking news" note types. Price: $5
Note: All prices mentioned are approximate and depend on various factors like location and offers available.
Corporate gifts for men are easy to buy, if you keep the habits, likes and dislikes of the man in mind. A multipurpose object that can be used at office and at home is highly appreciated. For travelers, remember to go for light and compact items. Then there are fun ways to enliven a gift. Instead of getting a plain clock for a desk, get a sports clock, emblazoned with his favorite sport's team. Opt for funky cufflinks or a game set. Give every gift a personal touch with engravings and monograms. Gift options, when shopping for a businessman, are infinite.