There are times when you simply come to a dead end while thinking of buying gifts for your near and dear ones. They all have everything and you simply can't think of a single gift for them. In that case, making creative handmade gifts can be a great option. Handmade gifts are not only creative, but, also hold more sentimental value than other gifts. Now, did you know that some handmade gifts can also be used as centerpieces for parties? Well, you don't believe it? A candy bouquet is one such gift that can even be made to use as a centerpiece at house parties.
Ideas to Make a Candy Bouquet
No one can resist candies and chocolates and hence, this gift can be given to anyone for birthday, anniversary, as a valentine gift or even as a get-well-soon gift. You must be aware that chocolates and flowers are considered as the best gifts for women. Therefore, if you cannot decide on whether you should her chocolates or flowers, try to be innovative and gift a candy bouquet. It can be made in several different types, depending on the occasion and your relationship with the receiver. Use the following candy bouquet ideas to make a gift for even a decorative centerpiece for your house party.
- Just as gift baskets, decide a theme for your bouquet, and make it accordingly. E.g., a birthday candy bouquet can be filled with candies, assorted chocolates, a birthday card, birthday hats, etc.
- A bouquet meant for your valentine or beloved should include candies, exotic chocolates, a box of chocolate covered strawberries, heart-shaped chocolates, chocolate truffles, etc. You can also put in a card or a romantic message along with it.
- On the other hand, a candy bouquet meant for friends or as casual gifts can be filled with candies, assorted chocolates of different kinds, etc.
- Lastly, rather than assorted chocolates, you can choose a single type of chocolate or single brand and make a bouquet using it. E.g., you can use different types of Hershey's chocolates or make the bouquet using only dark chocolate.
Making a Candy Bouquet at Home
- Although known as a bouquet, this gift or bouquet will look more like a gift basket. So, take an attractive basket or a container to make this bouquet.
- Next, you should place some Styrofoam at the base of the pot. Note that the size of the Styrofoam block will determine the size of the entire bouquet.
- The top of the Styrofoam should be covered with moss or leaves.
- Now, take lollipop sticks and tape chocolates and candy bars to one end of these sticks. Tape all the candies before inserting them into the base.
- Next, start with the tallest stick and put it at the back of the bouquet. Arrange all the candies on the sticks according to their size. Also, make sure that you coordinate them according to their types, colors, etc.
- Lastly, you can decorate the bouquet with ribbons, flowers, etc. and also attach a card to it.
I hope you loved the above mentioned ideas and also found the described method easy to understand. So, the next time you are looking for a creative gift idea or a centerpiece, you can make a candy bouquet. Once you learn the basic style, you can be creative and try out different styles yourself. Ciao!