A lot of us wonder if giving someone a gift is really worth the hassle; isn't it enough to just give them a greeting card? While that sounds like a logical argument, the idea of giving someone a gift goes beyond the act of spending. It's about taking time out from a busy schedule to select a gift specially for someone, choosing something after careful consideration.
Not all of us put in the time and effort when buying a gift, where those who actually do, are the best of the lot. It shows you care and love this person enough to put that much energy behind something that sounds simple, yet isn't.
When it comes to selecting a gift, it isn't a cinch. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears perked for any hints that could help pick out a gift. If you're still clueless, then these anniversary gift ideas for a boyfriend can help.
Great Anniversary Gift Ideas for a Boyfriend
For the Born Casanova
A guy must own a classic, sartorially-impeccable tux that can be worn to any affair, whether it's a business meeting or intimate dinner. No one's asking you to put a hefty load on your credit card by buying a Tom Ford tux; the following options are just as worthy.
Tip: How about pairing the tux with a statement wristwatch? Or you could just choose one of either ideas, depending on what you think he needs most.
Our Favorite Suits:
- INC Suit from Macy's
- Banana Republic Suit
- Two-Button Wool Suit by Brooks Brothers
- Two-Button Wool and Silk Suit by DKNY
- Camel Slim Fleck Two Piece Suit from the website, Topman
- ASOS Slim Fit Suit Jacket in Herringbone
- Boss Black Round Leather Strap from Nordstrom
- Urban Outfitters Field Watch
- Timex Andros from the website, JCrew
- Smart Turnout Nato
- Victorinox Maverick GS Dual Time from the website, SwissArmy
- August Steiner Silver Rose Chronograph from the website,BrandAlley
- Sony SmartWatch by SONY
For the Two-Faced Stud
Who doesn't love a guy who owns a smart pair of eyeglasses and sunglasses? Sort of like Superman, but cooler. In other words, he experiments with accessories that take him from geek to stud, within seconds. Fuel the alter-ego that turns you on more, with these cool picks.
Our Favorite Eyeglasses:
- Warby Parker
- Ralph Lauren
- Burberry (website, LensCrafters)
- Eisenhower Black (Full Frames) (website, GlassesUSA)
- Dior Homme
- Oliver Goldsmith (website, Barney's)
- Tom Ford
For Mr. High-Maintenance
Men love their private sessions of relaxation in a spa, or even in the solitude of their homes, as much as women do. This anniversary, give him a sensory treat of sorts. Gift him a delicious scented piece from our top picks, along with a spa session for two, that he will never forget.
Our Favorite Scented Candles:
- Le Labo, Pin 12 Vintage Candle
- ManCans Candles, Santa's Beard Candle
- Cire Trudon Ernesto Tobacco and Leather Scented Candle
- Blaise Mautin Candles
- Nest Grapefruit Candle
- Archipelago Agave Candle
- Yankee Candle, First Down Candle
- LAFCO Madison Avenue Candle
- Archipelago Botanicals, Joy Gift Box Candle
- Joya Gunpowder Green Tea Candle
- L'Artisan Parfumeur Thé et Pain d'Epices Candle
- Space NK Tobacco Leaf Candle
- Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Candle
- Apothia, Spiritual Candle
- Odin 01 Sunda Candle
- Comme des Garçons Avignon Candle
For the Man of Comfort
If your man lives for the fine things in life, then this anniversary plan will drive him wild. First, book a B&B close to town for the weekend, making sure that he is free for an entire 48 hours prior to making reservations. If you don't know how to go about it, call a phone directory and they will assist you with the information, or log on to the website BedAndBreakfast for an exhaustive list of options. Once you pick your destination whether nationally or internationally (if you intend on making a trip out of it), the website will help you through every step of the process without the trouble of doing it in person. Bookings should be made at least two weeks in advance.
For the Avid Traveler
Don't you just hate it when a guy carries a twin-strap school bag over his shoulders instead of something smart, compact, and grownup? Give him a reason to look forward to his next trip with these uber chic travel bags.
Tip: How about surprising him with plane tickets to Vegas? You could sneakily tuck it away in the new travel bag's front pocket. Watch him turn from impressed to ecstatic, within moments. Yes, you are an awesome girlfriend.
Our Favorite Travel Bags:
- Canvas and Leather Bag by Tommy Hilfiger
- Maxwell Scott Briefcase
- Blue Claw Co. Weekender Bag
- Leather Duffel Bag by Kenneth Cole
- Tote in Marrone by Peter Nappi
- Military Khaki Large Duffel by Quality Mending
- Filson Original Briefcase
- J. Crew Montague Leather Satchel
- B.R Edward Messenger Bag
- Canvas and Leather Messenger Bag by Club Monaco
For the Passionate Foodie
They say that the best way to a man's heart, is through his tummy - right they are. Cook him a delicious home-cooked meal with a beautiful box of gourmet chocolates waiting to be devoured. You could also include a fresh batch of macaroons (or macarons, in French) that will set his taste buds tingling.
Our Favorite Treat Stores:
- Dean & Deluca
- Le Macaron
- L'Artisan Gourmet Parisian Macarons
- Oui Oui! Macaron
- Rocq Macarons
- Marie Belle New York
- Vosges Haut Chocolat
- Romanicos Chocolates
- Lindt & Sprüngli
- Ethel's Chocolate
- Chuao Chocolatier
I hope you find what you're looking for in these anniversary gift ideas for a boyfriend, where you can always combine the many suggestions to create a one-of-a-kind gift set.